Topics and Notes (07-11-21)
1. Manny Pacquiao will not be reinstated as WBA welterweight champion for the Errol Spence fight, WBA president Gilberto Mendoza has confirmed. Fight remains for Spence’s WBC & IBF titles, Yordenis Ugas keeps WBA title and may defend vs Andre Berto next.
2. Jojo Diaz is now mandatory challenger for Devin Haney’s next fight after beating Javier Fortuna to win the WBC ‘interim’ lightweight belt overnight.
3. Gilberto Ramirez returned by stopping Sullivan Barrera and has called out WBA light-heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol.
4. Dillian Whyte, who owns WBC ‘interim’ belt, has called for the WBC to make Tyson Fury ‘champion in recess’ and upgrade him to full world champion: “I’ll fight Wilder as world champion. Winner of that fights Fury. And winner of that fights AJ for undisputed.”
5. Hearn has reiterated that he’s working to make the Joseph Parker vs Dereck Chisora rematch for October/November.
6. dispute over Teofimo Lopez vs George Kambosos Jr as Triller are now targeting Oct 17th at Bankwest Stadium in Kambosos’ native Australia, but Lopez’s manager David McWater is threatening they’ll vacate IBF and walk away from the fight as a result
7. A scary wait 👻…Fury-Wilder moving to October?
-Prayers go out to Eubank family for loss of Sebastian Eubank
-Ryan Garcia back in training
Join this channel to get access to perks:
One Free Month of Dazn On TBV
BUY THA BOXING VOICE T-SHIRT HERE http://thaboxingvoice.com/store
PLEASE SUPPORT!!! SUBSCRIBE, SHARE & LIKE
Please check out our Facebook page and hit the like button.
Audio only Podcast subscribe here
#PacquiaoSpence #HaneyDiaz #WilderWhyte