The Voice of the People
Friday 01st August 2014,
Tha Boxing Voice
Onnit Primal Bells

Deontay Wilder Says His Next Fight Will Be On Hopkins-Murat July 13th

Deontay Wilder Says His Next Fight Will Be On Hopkins-Murat July 13th

Rising American heavyweight, Deontay Wilder has confirmed that he will be on the undercard of the Bernard Hopkins – Karo Murat that will take place in Brooklyn on July 13th at the Barclay’s Center on Showtime Network. His opponent is still to be determined, but he has confirmed that this will be his next bout. He was originally scheduled to face Dereck Chisora on June 15th, in the UK, but was ultimately canceled. He now hopes to return to his original path of going through the rest of the heavyweight division by force.

Wilder has a career record of 28-0 with 28 KOs, which broke the record for most consecutive fights with a stoppage to start a career. The record was previously held by the late Edwin Valero who was 27-0 with 27 KOs. Wilder has called out names such as Tyson Fury, David Price, and the Klitschko brothers after some of his recent fights. He now hopes that another big KO in the bright lights of NY will propel him to the next level of great heavyweights.



Subscribe to Tha Boxing Voice by Email

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

Peter is from NJ and has been a fan of the sport of Boxing since the late 80s. He is a writer for thaboxingvoice.com and specializes in fight previews and fighter profiles. He can be emailed at pacman3323@hotmail.com and can be followed on twitter @pacman453323

Leave A Response

Leave a Reply

Connect with:

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Facebook

Google Plus

YouTube

LinkedId