Kell Brook, Eddie Hearn Issue Statement About Stabbing Incident

0
1804

download (1)Earlier this week Kell Brook made boxing headlines for being stabbed in the leg and arm while on vacation after his victory over Shawn Porter. Very few details were released at the time but Brook and his promoter Eddie Hearn have released a statement regarding what happened.

“I was out enjoying a night out before returning home to the UK when I was the victim of an unprovoked attack,” said Brook. “I’m devastated right now after being on such a high having achieved my dream of becoming World Champion in Los Angeles last month. This is obviously a major setback but the thought of defending my title is what’s keeping me positive right now. I want to thank everyone for their support and ask for privacy for myself and my family at this time. Make no mistake – I will be back.”

Hearn said that he was happy that Kell is making his way home and he will return early next year instead of December as originally planned.

“We were all glad to get out here and see Kell for ourselves,” said Hearn. “The important thing now is to get him home and after some rest begin physio on his injuries. His first defence was planned on December 6 which is now unrealistic but we fully expect Kell to be back in the ring early next year.”