Rigondeaux Says He Could’ve Beat Donaire’s Last 4 Opponents in One Day

Victor Salazar
By Victor Salazar February 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Rigondeaux Says He Could’ve Beat Donaire’s Last 4 Opponents in One Day

After months of months of calling out Nonito Donaire, Guillermo Rigondeaux finally got his wish as the two will square off in a Super Bantamweight Unification Championship Clash in New York City on April 13th.  ThaBoxingVoice.com caught up with the WBA champion to get his feelings on finally getting the fight he wanted.

“It’s a grand opportunity. The world wants to see it. I’m going to do my work and beat him like I said. To say I’m excited is an understatement right now,” Rigondeaux told ThaBoxingVoice.com.

Donaire has gone on record stating that he still feels Rigondeaux is undeserving off this fight in an interview he did with ThaBoxingVoice, basically stating that Rigondeaux needed more fights even if he has agreed to fight him. In response to those comments, Rigondeaux stated, “If you seen me, they know that he hasn’t fought more than me. I have 475 fights without my pro record. I went to China and back and he hasn’t fought more than me in his whole career.”

Rigondeaux seems pretty confident going into this bout and doesn’t see anything Donaire can do to beat him. He even went on to explain that Donaire might be taking him lightly.

“My pure talent is how I am going to beat him. I’m going to put it on him. He doesn’t know how to beat me. It’s going to be my little present for 2013. They’re underestimating me. I’m a better boxer than him and I hit just as hard. It doesn’t matter if he has a strong left hand; don’t matter if he has a strong right hand. I fight with any type of fighter; orthodox or southpaw, it doesn’t matter to me.”

To some of Rigondeaux’s critics, the level of competition in the pros is what doesn’t impress them much for him to be fighting at this level. They say he struggled with Cordoba and got hit hard against Marroquin, so maybe this fight might be more than he can chew. To his critics, Rigondeaux stated, “Those things don’t worry me. This is combat sport; you’re going to get hit. We all get hit.”

He then went on and attacked Donaire’s level of opposition. “I’m going to be the best at 122 lbs after this. They made his career easy. He fights retire people. His last 4 opponents come on! The Asian one can’t see. Arce was an old lady at the time he fought him. If they gave me his last 4 opponents, I’ll beat them in one day.”

When the question was posed to Rigondeaux of Donaire’s opposition and why he wasn’t afforded those opponents, Rigondeaux responded by saying, “That’s the questions; I don’t get the same opportunity. If they gave me those guys, I beat them easy and have all those belts.”

Rigondeaux is taking this fight seriously already and hopes Donaire does the same. “With Donaire, he can’t fight like he fought with others. I’m very different. With me the fight is harder and it isn’t as easy as them. I’m good at 122 and I’m already close to weight and the fight is still two months away.”

Victor Salazar
By Victor Salazar February 22, 2013 4:36 pm
Write a comment

7 Comments

1. boxmeister February 22, 6:32 pm

Rigondeaux is having hallucinations and out of arrogance will eat those words when he enters the ring on April 13. But then again, Rigo could get lucky and hit the Filipino Flash flush on the chin and it will be an upset. Nonito is faster and smarter in the ring. ND will prevail and counter Rigo with vicious left hooks to send him to the canvas..then he will realize he faced a beast in the Flash.

2. HATER OF HYPER PEOPLE MAKING THE REAL CHAMPION ANGRE DUE TO THERE PSYWAR PRIED February 22, 10:21 pm

THE BLOOD OF CUBAN ARE PROUD AND IN DER SOUL

3. HATER OF HYPER PEOPLE MAKING THE REAL CHAMPION ANGRE DUE TO THERE PSYWAR PRIED February 22, 10:27 pm

I WONDER THAT PEOPLE WHO IS PROUD ARE LOW IN IQ

4. HATER OF HYPER PEOPLE MAKING THE REAL CHAMPION ANGRE DUE TO THERE PSYWAR PRIED February 22, 10:29 pm

SHOWEEE PEOPLE AND THEY WANT TO BE KNOW THAT DR COUNTRY ARE SUPERIOR IN BOXING THATS WHY THEY TALK TO MUCH

5. HATER OF HYPER PEOPLE MAKING THE REAL CHAMPION ANGRE DUE TO THERE PSYWAR PRIED February 22, 10:31 pm

WHAT A CULTURE ALMOST ALL PEOPLE ARE PROUD AND SHOWEE

6. HATER OF HYPER PEOPLE MAKING THE REAL CHAMPION ANGRE DUE TO THERE PSYWAR PRIED February 22, 10:41 pm

DS IS THE PRODUCT OF THRE PROUDNESS. I REACT. CAUSE I HATE PEOPLE THAT ARE PROUD AND WANTING THERE COUNTRY TO BE SUPERIOR EVN OTHER COUNTRY HAVE LOT OF GOOD BOXER 2. GOD WILL BLESS THE COUNTRY THAT ARE NOT SHOWWEE, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WILL

7. HATER OF HYPER PEOPLE MAKING THE REAL CHAMPION ANGRE DUE TO THERE PSYWAR PRIED February 22, 11:51 pm

NONITO WILL WIN BY A KNOCK OUT OR BY UD BECAUSE OF CHASING THE OPPONENT

View comments

Write a comment

Connect with:

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*

Support Tha Boxing Voice!

Download Our App